There’s a positive feeling a person has when they see a cute dog doing something. People feel a strong connection to them and feel as if they know them. And brands are starting to notice. Pets are big business and according to Pet Age (article referenced below) social media influencers can net $3,000 per post sponsorship when they hit 150,000 social media followers. If a dog surpasses a million followers, it can net $10,000 for a single post.
On this page I’ll document articles I see online about the rise of the famous Instagram dog star.
- Pet Age: Dogs of Influence
- This Instagram Dog Wants to Sell You a Lint Roller
- Adweek: Why Interest – Famous Dogs are Fetching So Much Love From Brands
- Hubspot: Animal Influencers: The Stories behind 11 Famous Pets on Instagram
- Digiday: Everything is pawsome: The rise of pet influencers online
- Refinary29: These “Pet Influencers” Probably Make more $$$ Than You Do
- FastCompany: Inside the Weird and Wonderful World of Instagram Pet Influencers
- Racked: The Fast, Furry Rise of the Instagram – Famous Pet
How about you? Do you have any articles you’ve bookmarked? Share them in the comments below and I’ll update the list.
Stay cool – look cooler!✨💖✨ #whpmultiply #truestoryBehindTheScenes #OrbitJustCameOutOfHeatandSmelledPretty #LeoWasSoooooooooDistracted #wantedtomakeFrenchtons #AsIfEvenPossible #BothAreFixed #AndThenOrbitRanIntotheJiJitsuStudioNextToThisWall #AndTheClassOfChildrenStartedSqueeeeeling #WorthIT #seewhatwedoforPeeectuuures – Check out @frenchie_bulldog new line that just dropped. / photo taken by @frenchieleo #toocoolforschool #notjustforfrenchies #frenchiepetsupply #reversibleharness #dogharness #bostonsofig #frenchieoftheday