There are Famous Dogs on Instagram that Probably Make More Money Than You Do
There’s a positive feeling a person has when they see a cute dog doing something. People feel a strong connection to them and feel as if they know them. And brands are starting to notice.
Pets are big business and according to Pet Age (article referenced below) social media influencers can net $3,000 per post sponsorship when they hit 150,000 social media followers. If a dog surpasses a million followers, it can net $10,000 for a single post.
You’re going to have to do some free work first, or receive “product in exchange for a post” so that you can build up your portfolio and reputation.
Depending on how engaged your followers are your dog can start to receive free product in exchange for an Instagram Post. This can start to happen when you have about 15,000 engaged followers. Brands are going to want to see the quality of your work and the level of engagement you have. Tracking your effectively is easily done by switching to a Business Account so that you can have access to Instagram’s Analytics.
Monetization comes after you have a track record
Brands come to you because they want access to your audience and your influence. At some point you can start charging and this will happen typically when you hit the 30,000 follower mark.
Keep in mind that brands can “buy” awareness through Instagram’s advertising program. So a “follower count” isn’t enough. They will be analyzing your past campaigns, talking to your referrals, reviewing the analytics to determine if aligning with you will provide a return on their investment.
If you want your dog to become famous on Instagram you need to have an account that your followers trust. Some things to keep in mind:
- Have a clear style, voice and personality. Instagram is a visual platform and those that have laser like focus are able to capture the attention of the followers. As Gary Vaynerchuk said when you’re in Social Media you’re in the “attention” business.
- Post consistently at a minimum of 5 times a week.
- Be trustworthy. Your recommendations influence your followers so you need to establish credibility and trust.
- Post your best high quality images.
How long does it take for your dog to become Instagram Famous? Typically anywhere from 6 months to a year depending on how fast your account grows. If you want to read more about pet influencers and why brands love them visit the links below.
On this page I’ll document articles I see online about the rise of the famous Instagram dog star.
- Pet Age: Dogs of Influence
- This Instagram Dog Wants to Sell You a Lint Roller
- Adweek: Why Interest – Famous Dogs are Fetching So Much Love From Brands
- Hubspot: Animal Influencers: The Stories behind 11 Famous Pets on Instagram
- Digiday: Everything is pawsome: The rise of pet influencers online
- Refinary29: These “Pet Influencers” Probably Make more $$$ Than You Do
- FastCompany: Inside the Weird and Wonderful World of Instagram Pet Influencers
- Racked: The Fast, Furry Rise of the Instagram – Famous Pet
Can you get paid for your dog being Instagram Famous? YES but it doesn’t happen overnight.
If you want to make your dog become famous on Instagram you have to start today. In my step by step guide which you view via the link below I teach you how to develop your voice and narrative. Additionally I spell out an action plan for what to do each day of the week.
This proven system will bring you on your way to become a dog influencer. The guide includes a monetization summary so that you can start to make money from your posts and account.
A basic level of understanding is required prior to using this guide. It’s not written for the novice. Rather its written for the Instagrammer that wants to take their account to the next level and become famous on Instagram.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like:
Stay cool – look cooler!✨💖✨ #whpmultiply #truestoryBehindTheScenes #OrbitJustCameOutOfHeatandSmelledPretty #LeoWasSoooooooooDistracted #wantedtomakeFrenchtons #AsIfEvenPossible #BothAreFixed #AndThenOrbitRanIntotheJiJitsuStudioNextToThisWall #AndTheClassOfChildrenStartedSqueeeeeling #WorthIT #seewhatwedoforPeeectuuures – Check out @frenchie_bulldog new line that just dropped. / photo taken by @frenchieleo #toocoolforschool #notjustforfrenchies #frenchiepetsupply #reversibleharness #dogharness #bostonsofig #frenchieoftheday