When it comes to buying a puppy, searching for a breeder using the search phrase “Boston Terrier Breeders Near Me” is the most searched phrase people use online.
But in recent times I’ve seen the rise of non-existent kennels positioning themselves on the first page and posing as breeders to scam you from a down payment, transport and medical fees and they are getting more skilled in how they try to deceive you.
Let me tell you something.
You are SMARTER than them.
But they are lying crooks and they are getting better at preying on people who are trustworthy.
Here’s the thing.
- There’s a shortage of Boston Terrier Puppies
- Puppy Scammers are getting better at faking identities
- It’s SO easy to steal photos of REAL people with their REAL puppies. So if you are a good person who has never been swindled before – you might be the perfect target for them
- Buying puppies can be emotional. Especially if have just lost one
- These crooks and thieves have infiltrated our facebook groups and so they are learning what to say
- It doesn’t cost much to put up a website to give them the appearance of being legit #haveialreadycalledthemacrook
- They set up face profiles on Facebook and Instagram and pretend to be real people #buththeyarecrooks
And that begs the question, how can you prevent yourself from being scammed when you search for a “Boston Terrier breeders near me?”
What is a scam website? It typically involves a website showing adorable puppies at suspiciously low prices. They often claim to be a breeder raising “lovingly raised” Boston Terrier puppies to hook you. The prices are typically very low and oftentimes they offer shipping. Or when you get ready to buy the puppy they will say they moved and that is why they cannot see you in person but to reserve the puppy you have to send a down payment immediately.
When compared to real kennels’ websites, breeders of merit or the Boston Terrier Club of America, it’s easy to see who the real breeders are.
Key thing to NOT being scammed? 1. Knowing the breed standard and 2. Understanding what reputable breeders look like and how to verify that someone is indeed who they claim to be.
So now let’s talk a look at several breeder’s websites and compare them to what I consider to be a reputable breeder’s website should look like.