You know things just got serious when your passions intersect. I love dogs, Instagram and writing so when Carol Bryant, President of the Dog Writers Association of America (DWAA) asked me to join her team to grow their Instagram community; I didn’t blink; I said yes!
Eighty Four Years Old
The Dog Writer’s Association was created February 13th, 1935 at the Westminster Kennel Club Show. From it’s eight original founding members it now has grown to over 500 members.
About Dog Writers
DWAA celebrates all things in the world of dogs including showing, performance, behavior, training, health, and the human animal bond.
Its members include published authors, writers, journalists, publicists, bloggers, social media influencers photographers, illustrators, and on-air personalities.
Members are able to share ideas for articles, help with interviews, discuss fees for contracts and otherwise assistance to help with member’s careers.
DWAA also helps secure press courtesies and amenities at dog shows so that member can do their jobs properly.
Most notably the best feature of DWAA is the annual writing contest where over $18,000 worth of prizes from various organizations are awarded.
Are you a dog writer?
If you’re a dog writer, then join us and become a member.
DWAA membership benefits include:
- Access to “Members Only” content on the DWAA website. In addition to our private forum, you’ll find “Editor Insights” from top dog-centric publications and examples of “Successful Queries.”
- Listing of your website or blog on the DWAA website.
- Inclusion on DWAA’s Twitter list. Members follow one another’s handles and share articles, book news and awards.
- Press pass.
- Subscription toDWAA’s quarterly newsletter Ruff Drafts.
- DWAA’s Yahoo Group. DWAA members share book news and ask advice in this private group.
- Discounted entry fee in the annual writing contest. The annual contest honors writers, authors, bloggers, photographers, illustrators and publications in many categories – plus DWAA special awards come with big cash prizes.
- Networking opportunities at our annual awards banquet.
- Guest posting opportunities and book promotion through the DWAA blog.
- Continuing education through our webinar program.