Petstages by Outward Hound Toys are Durable and Withstand Two Boston Terriers
The true test of durability is when a toy can withstand several weeks of play by Maggie and Orbit. They are rambunctious and their favorite toy is whatever the other one is playing with.
When Outward Hound contacted me to test and review their new product line I was only happy to agree. I’ve been a fan of the brand since our first Boston Zoey. Her favorite toy was the Orka Stick by Pet Stages. It stayed intact until Maggie came along. Maggie played with it for about 8 months and then finally after 4 years between her and Zoey it had to be retired.
As of the publishing of this post we’ve had these toys for two weeks.
How the girls play with it:
- Between the two toys, the Sneaky Squeaky Stick was their favorite.
- Keep away and tug are their favorite games to play
- Especially cute is when they sit there facing each other chewing on it … at the same time
- Adding to their excitement is that this toy doesn’t easily squeak. From what I can surmise, only parts of it squeak so when it does it gets them riled up again
- It fits in their mouth. I noticed my two girls don’t like the bigger toys simply because they cannot run and play with it
- They can play with this for up to thirty minutes at a time
- The bionic ball was great for a game of fetch.
- This ball is super durable. I’ve had other balls that do not last and this one seems to withstand their chewing and gnawing.
- The bounce factor is medium. I do not throw that hard especially indoors because I’m afraid to knock down the furniture.
- The could easily put this in their mouths to run and play chase and keep away.
- They will play with this for a shorter period of time between 15 and 20 minutes. I think the main reason is that they are also playing chase and or fetch with me – and the extra running around tends to shorten the play time.
Why I like them:
- I love the colors. Bright enough for me to find in the house.
- I also appreciate how strong they are. I attended SuperZoo and learned about how different materials weaken the integrity of the toy. I have seen other brands only last 15 minutes when my two play with it.
- I also appreciate that I can clean them easily.
- We traveled with these toys. I packed them and took them with us on vacation. They were small enough to go in my suitcase and unobstructive when we were guests in our family’s home.
- Also the “squeak’ wasn’t annoying. We were visiting for the Labor Day holidays and gathered in the living room while the girls were running around with the toys. It wasn’t a continuous nor did it sound shrill. Therefore it did not interrupt conversation and conversely it didn’t get confiscated.
- The price of both toys is fantastic. $5.99 for the squeaky and $7.99 for the ball.
Overall rating for both.
If Maggie and Orbit could vote they would vote 4 paws out of 4 paws. I give it a 5 out of 5. The extra point is – I like these toys so much I would buy them and gift them to other dogs. If your dogs play like Maggie and Orbit these would be a good addition to their toybox and a good one to gift as well.
I only work with brands I believe in. And Outward Hound is one of our favorites. I’ll have to do a follow post of all the different toys we have had through the years from Outward Hound which I have either purchased or gifted. They stand the test of time which makes me happy and the dogs love to play with them which makes them happy.
Hope you enjoyed the review and the photos of the girls playing with them below.