Aromatic and soft enough to break off into smaller pieces
We travelled to Minnesota over the Labor Day holidays to spend time with family. I packed the soft dog treats from Vitabone and the biscuits for the girls.
What I liked about these treats were that they are:
- No corn or artificial flavors
- Ingredients are sourced and made in the USA
- Thoughtfully made in small batches
What the dogs liked:
- They smell great. One night I had an extra treat in my jacket pocket that I placed on the night table and I noticed the two girls kept putting their noses up to try to find it.
- They didn’t get bored of them. They were just as interested when we first started to give it to them until a week later at the end of the vacation. I’d put these in the high value category. Walks in new locations with a lot of distractions means I have a lot of competition for their attention. We explored the lake (both on it and around it) and they keyed in every time I took the treats out.
I carried them in a small treat pouch that is about 3 inches by 4 inches in size. That pouch held about 15 + treats. I loved how small they were and that I was able to break them off into smaller pieces.
Keeping the girls at attention at the airport, in their crates was of utmost importance to me. When we arrived in Alexandria, Minnesota – I used these treats during our walks.
You can learn more about the company by clicking on this link to visit their website. I loved that their website has articles on training and nutrition. While you’re there explore their You-Tube video as well. Been practicing these tip with the girls as well!
According to our dog math: 1 = 7 … so 7 biscuits each please! Our recent 4 mile hike with a picnic in-between. . Pawrents ate granola bars. We ate #vitabone biscuits. We want to kiss the person who infused yummy bacon into these! They smell so good we couldn't wait to eat them. They are made with real meat, fruit and veggies. Love that there is no corn, soy, by-products or artificial flavors. Ingredients are sourced and made in America … and they are a family-owned company since 1972! . Thank you to our friends at @vita_bone for powering our hike. http://izea.it/abPHmfW #ad
Disclosure: My Instagram post was sponsored by Vitabone. All opinions in my blog posts are my own.